Quote of the Day

7.20.2012

how to update your blog from Facebook or Library Thing RSS

My poor little blog has been neglected in favor of other outlets, specifically Library Thing.  I did want my Library Thing book reviews to show up here though, and as posts, not sidebar widgets.  I finally figured out how.

Blogger will let you post to an email address.  That is, you can send an email, and blogger will post it as a post.

Feed my Inbox will let you select RSS feeds and have them sent to your email box.

I bet you can figure out where this is going.

1. Find the RSS of whatever it is that you want to have posted in your blog.
  • Facebook RSS can be found here
  • Library Thing RSS is found on the profile page, in the lower right.  Just "copy link location".
2. Find your blogger email address.
  • left column: Settings
  • Mobile & Email
3. Visit Feed My Inbox.
4. Combine.
5. Repeat as necessary.

No comments: