Quote of the Day

5.29.2007

meme

8 things about me (per Vivian's tag)



Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
In the middle of the left sidebar is a section called "meme of the moment". I'm just going to capture the next eight random memes that it generates and viola! I'll have my meme done.


1 I installed all the laminate flooring in our 1,100 sq foot addition. At the beginning of our adoption proceedings
, our (ex) social worker told us that our children could share a room until our addition was built (a 5 year plan). In the middle of the proceedings, she informed us that the Russian authorities require separate bedrooms. So, building plans got fast-tracked. We broke ground in the fall of 2005 and watched the building go up all winter (pics at Chandler Fazenda blog). By the time the interior walls were done, we were done with our contractor, so we took over the hiring or the doing-of the finish work.

Dad or brother Tim came out and ran the table saw for me and handed me the boards as I clicked and tapped them all into place. We used a Costco product on the upstairs and a boutique-shop product on the downstairs. They turned out beautifully if I do say so myself; you can get a peek here.



2 Our kitchen window view is an active, often steaming, volcano. Baker also holds the world record for most snowfall in a single season (1999) and when I was a little girl, my Dad was the manager of the Mt. Baker ski area. Here is a pic taken today. I love the colors of the meadow on the first growth: purple meadow-grass, yellow butter-cups, white dandelion seed-poofs. Any night now, the hayer will come and cut it all down and we'll watch the eagles hunt in the fields all the next day.



3
My husband and I got married in my parent's living room, in the very same spot where they married.



4 I have won blue ribbons for my canning and baking.



5 I lived in Hamburg, Germany for a year and a half. I taught English there.



6 We have visited the goldmine in Wales from whence our wedding rings came. The Dolaucothi Gold Mines in Wales, were the only Roman gold-mine in Wales, worked from the First to the Fifth Centuries, A.D.

Here is a pic of my Dad and My Gift touring the goldmines. I am too claustrophobic to go into small dark underground holes. While they were touring, mom and I had tea and puttered about the gift store. Both Jamie and I needed new wedding bands, and we found some lovely ones there, made from the last batch of gold ore taken from the mine.



7 I collect dala horses.


8 I am an INTJ. Boy am I ever. Here are some tidbits from the INTJ Profile.
To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
Yup. Dead on.
. . . many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.
Uhm Hmmm.

Guess who else is an INTJ? C.S. Lewis. This gives me great comfort.

Your Personality is Very Rare (INTJ)

Your personality type is logical, uncompromising, independent, and nonconformist.

Only about 3% of all people have your personality, including 2% of all women and 4% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging.
Thanks to a wrung sponge for the link.


So there you have it, my annotated meme. I tag:

  • from the Russia blogroll: Kate - because she always has something interesting to say.
  • from the China blogroll: Shelby - because everyone loves a happy beagle.
  • from the Guatamala blogroll: Michelle - because she is blogging from Guatamala and is about to come home and even if she is too busy to do the meme, the rest of you may enjoy her blog.
  • from the Kids Are Home! blogroll: Jenni - because I have really been enjoying her blog recently.
  • from the Bloggy Mamas blogroll: Elle - because she was the first commenter on my first ever blog; Owlhaven - because her blog is always full of interesting stuff; S because I wish she would blog more often; Crystal, for the same reason: update that blog!

~Suzanne

No comments: