Quote of the Day

3.07.2009

Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca


Loved it. If you appreciated Wilkie Collin's The Woman in White, you will enjoy Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. Young love. Old love. A beach cottage with its own village idiot (or is he?). A beautiful, beloved, deceased first wife (or is she?). The intimidating Mrs. Danvers, house-keeper with an agenda. And our own dear heroine, penniless and without prospects or a name. Literally, we never do learn her name.

Want to get away from your late winter humdrums? Off to Manderley with you.
~Suzanne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books.

Recent blog post: Lenten Thoughts: Matthew 26:14-16

Anonymous said...

I have not read this. Adding to my library list now. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Suzie,

I just ordered it off of Amazon at your Wilkie Collins-like recommendation.
Have you read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"? It got a lot of press, which doesn't usually mean a thing, but my bookworm friend Gilly lent it to me and I read it all yesterday! It is delightful, and reminded me of you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kara. Your mom gave it to my mom for Christmas and I just read it. I think it is next Saturday's review.

Recent blog post: I am so done with this.