Quote of the Day

5.18.2008

news

Quick newsflash.

All of the garden is either in the ground or in little egg carton seed trays in the house. We have labored mightily and are very proud of our work. By the way, we are right pleased with our Seeds of Change purchase. Thus far we have had 100% germination on all indoor starts: tomatoes, zucchinis, squashes, radishes, lettuces, spinach, etc.

I have a cooktop again, thanks to my Dad who just happened to have a functioning gas cooktop in his barn: Dad's handy that way. The cooktop is cosmetically challenged, but it cooks, so I don't really care what it looks like.

My long-time yearning for a wormbin has been consummated thanks to Dad -- again -- who cajoled a friend into sharing one with us. We've been cooing over our little baby worms all weekend and are very relieved to report that they are eating well. Thus far we are ever so impressed with The Worm Factory's set up and care & feeding manual. More wormy blog posts later.

Chickadee has bilateral strabismus correction surgery on Tuesday in Seattle. I am sternly resolved to not fret about it. So if you have any scary strabismus stories to share, just don't.

~Suzanne

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with everything on Tuesday. I'll think of your little darling and pray for a smooth procedure.Best of luck with everything on Tuesday. I'll think of your little darling and pray for a smooth procedure.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery!! I'm sure it will go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Just be there with her that everything will be fine for you and her. And God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Praying for both of you for Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

And for the surgeon. ;>

Anonymous said...

No scary stories. Just that Derek has one too. He didn't have surgery and functions just fine as an adult. Just can't see a 3D movie.

Anonymous said...

I feel certain Chickadee's surgery will be just fine. My friend's husband had strabismus surgery with nary a hitch or hiccup and that was over 30 years ago. Things just get better every year in the medical field, it seems. My prayers will be with all of you.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear more about your garden. Please come by a wrung sponge and leave a link!