Quote of the Day

5.28.2007

no-knead uber-yummy bread

Remember that no-knead bread I was nattering on about last week? I'm still all a'twitter about it.

Mix up flour, salt, yeast, water. The next afternoon flip it onto a floury cloth. A couple of hours later bake it in your bread oven aka large pot (I use the Lodge 10-Quart Deep Camp Dutch Oven that I scored for $12.50 at a garage sale last weekend.)

It is crunchy on the outside and pleasantly chewy on the inside. I make it almost every evening for the next night's dinner. Not only is it delicious, it makes the house smell wonderful.

Even if you have never-ever made bread, do try this one. The recipe is linked to my other post on this topic.





Does cast-iron care intimidate you? Cast Iron 101 has been posted over at P e a r l s.

~Suzanne





:: this post is included in the Carnival of Food Photography hosted at Bucky's Barbecue and Bread Blog

No comments: