Quote of the Day

5.05.2009

the kindness of a stranger

A few weeks ago I had an ultrasound done by a perfectly nice person who attempted to make a little light conversation with me.

Apparently, a little light conversation was too much for me and I burst into tears and shared some of my challenges. I remember trying to say stoic brave things with a wobbly voice and tears running down my face all the while thinking to myself "Hush, she doesn't need to hear all this." But apparently I needed to say it, so I did. She said some appropriate nothings and we parted ways. Me a bit embarrassed at having unloaded on her, and her with a nice picture of my innards.

Today I got a little box in the mail holding a kind and and thoughtful card and some 'pamper yourself' goodies and an amusing toy and I burst into tears all over again, though a different sort of tears.

Here she is, a busy professional woman, who took time to gather up and send to me some treasures and to reach out with some encouragement. How nice is that?

~Suzanne

3 comments:

serena said...

that is the sweetest thing!!

Guest said...

What a joy
dad

kate said...

i love nice people. ;>