Quote of the Day

7.14.2007

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Here are a few of my favorite passages from book one, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, which I re-read this afternoon. Yes, I know the US title is "Sorcerer's Stone" but in the UK and Canada, it is "Philosopher's Stone" and I am reading the Canadian set.



I think this is quite good advice for us, as we handle our children's questions about their birth families and circumstances.
'The truth.' Dumbledore sighed. 'It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should be treated with great caution. However, I shall answer your questions unless I have a very good reason not to, in which case I beg you'll forgive me. I shall not, of course, lie.'

And this is just plain good advice for everyday life.

'There are all kind of courage,' said Dumbledore, smiling. 'It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.'


~Suzanne

No comments: