Quote of the Day

3.11.2011

Resolutions and Goals Report

Here are my New's Years Resolutions.  
Zoya Nail Lacquer - Dominique - #3091. Stay out of the hospital. So far, so good.
2. Wear fragrance and nail polish more often.  Success!  Thank you to Givency Extravagance and to Zoya.  That polish is amazing.  I put it on on Monday and it still looks great on Thursday.
3. Make and adhere to weekly menu plans. Epic fail.
4. Go for more walks. Epic fail.
5. Go to the gym 1-2 times a week. Success!
6. De-clutter the house, basement, and barn. In progress.
7. Buy myself a miniature Australian Labradoodle.  Started the process.
For Lent, I gave up all my electronic games (painful).  And for Spring Quarter I am one class short, so we are implementing Domestic Austerity Measures.

Today I went to Pilates class, worked out with weights, went shopping and bought nothing that was not on my list, served a thrifty and nutritious home-cooked meal, and my kitchen sink is shiny. 
This represents multiple goals: physical strength, financial stabilization, nutrition for kids, and the on-going FlyLadying of my home.  Who's FlyLady you ask?  She's this nice lady that tells me what to do and when to do it.  My way wasn't working so well (get overwhelmed and play electronic games as an avoidance mechanism), so we'll try it her way.

I'm not sure I can afford to follow through on my puppy though.  She's not very compatible with the domestic austerity measures.

No comments: