- My first job is to build a relationship with him.
- My second job is to train him in how to clean the kitchen.
- My third job is to clean the kitchen.
And at the end of the day, when I fret that nothing got done, I need to evaluate my day in terms of relationship-building and training, not in terms of task completion.
2. Do not ever ever schedule a day so that it looks like this:
- take Chickadee to preschool . . . pick her up
- half hour later, take Dandy to school . . . pick him up
- one hour later, take both kids to swimming lessons
- one hour after that, take both kids to t-ball
:: this post is included in the May 28 Carnival of Family Life