Happy Anniversary to Us! Here, for your reading pleasure, is our wedding & marriage meme, alas I do not recall where I ran across it.
1. How long have you been married? 14 years
2. How many people came to your wedding reception? Between 50-100, not all at the same time. We had an open house at my parents' home and people came by all afternoon.
3. What kind of cake did you serve? A white cake that I decorated with pansies which I picked the morning of the wedding.
4. Where was your wedding? In my parent's living room, in the same spot where my parents married.
5. What did you serve for your meal? Mom's friends brought finger-foods, I think. I wasn't really thinking about food.
6. How many people were in your bridal party? Two -- the matron of honor (my mom) and the best man (his dad).
7. Are you still friends with them all? Yes.
8. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No, but he trembled.
9. Most special moment of your wedding day? My sister singing for us and my brother playing the piano for us.
10. Any funny moments? I hugged him in the front hall prior to him walking me down the living room and in my big hug, I broke his glasses which he had tucked into his front pocket.
11. Any big disasters? We forgot the camera and sent a nephew back for it right as we were about to drive away; in handing to me we fumbled and dropped it, breaking the camera and losing all the pictures.
12. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to a lovely bed-and-breakfast on a nearby island.
13. How long were you gone? One day.
14. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have invited more people to the actual ceremony.
15. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The right side.
16. What size is your bed? California King - these are a bit longer and narrower than a standard king.
17. Greatest strength as a couple? We are both hermits.
18. Greatest challenge as a couple? We are polar opposites in our way of handling conflict. I charge in. He doesn't dare to tread.
19. Who literally pays the bills? Me, with his hard-earned dollars.
20. What is your song? Right now it is "Revolution" by the Beatles, but that is more of a political statement than a romantic one.
21. What did you dance your first dance to? No idea. It was some tune on the radio on a boat that we were on. He started to dance with me and then . . . the first kiss! Bliss! Until we heard the snickering of his nephew who was spying on us.
22. Describe your wedding dress: White, tea length. First dress I tried on and absolutely perfect. $50.
23. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? The flowers for the ceremony were posies I made from flowers I picked in my mother's garden the morning of the wedding, while everyone else was a church.
24. Are your wedding bands engraved? Yes, they each have the dragon of Wales on them.