Quote of the Day

12.28.2007

whew: six hours of shopping


Oh my word. We are exhausted. Chickadee and Ms. Trengles and I set out on a six hour returns-and-shopping expedition today. We visited a flour mill and loaded up on fresh-ground organic flour (rye and white for me) and then after fortifying ourselves at Great Harvest, did the dread mall run.

I got the slippers I had hoped Santa would bring and a warm fleece; she got a very cute bag for a great price; for Dandy we found some school uniform pants on sale as well as some fuzzy lion slippers (remember Halloween?); for Chickadee we found some cozy turtlenecks and a new pair of footie pajamas. Apparently the local retailers are hurting, as we bought nothing that was not at least 50% off.

By the way, 25 pounds of flour will fit nicely into a Rubbermaid 19 quart storage container, like this one.


~Suzanne

No comments: