Quote of the Day

3.03.2008

Chicken Enchiladas

My sister shared this yummy recipe with me. I love the cloves in it: so unexpected and so delicious. I've added quite a few ingredients to it, so I can get more mileage out of the chicken. You could eliminate whatever you don't fancy.

Chicken Enchiladas embellished from a recipe from my sister

Whirl in blender
3 ½ C water
3 T olive oil
¾ C flour
5 t garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves
2 t salt
2 t cumin
2 t oregano
2 t chili powder
1 t (or more) ground cloves

Saute together
1 T olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1 chopped onion
1 C sauce

Remove & dice or shred the chicken breasts, then return to pan and add:
2 cups mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can artichokes, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can diced black olives
1 little can diced jalapeños

Dip flour tortillas into sauce, fill with chicken mixture, roll up.

Pour the extra sauce over the top.

350 for about 30 minutes or until it’s all bubbly.

Serve topped with cilantro and sour cream.

This makes two pans. I bake them at the same time and then I can either microwave portions for the second pan for lunches for the kids and me, or I can whirl up a bit of refresher sauce, pour it over top and reheat it in the oven. It serves up as if it is freshly made. You want to make and use refresher sauce lest it get too dry.

Refresher Sauce
1 C water
1 T olive oil
¼ C flour
1 t garlic powder or 1 garlic clove
½ t cumin
½ t oregano
½ t chili powder
¼ t cloves

~Suzanne


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your blog - so vibrant and cheery!

This recipe sounds amazing! I could taste each ingredient as I read it. ( Maybe I'm just hungry). No. It really does sound wonderful. I'm copying it to a notepad and will surely make it at some point.

Please check out my blog (listed above) and you may also be interested in my other one at faithfoodflowers.wordpress.com

Thanks!

Kat