Quote of the Day

12.01.2009

I know how to look it up


Dandy (10): Chickadee, what's a consonant blend?
Chickadee (8): I forgot, but I know how to look it up.
(I faint with pleasure at this.)
Chickadee: Why don't you know this already?
Dandy: It's not the sort of thing that sticks in my head.
Chickadee: Well then I'll teach you how to look it up, and then you are on your own.
(I briefly revive, and faint away again. If all else fails, I have raised at least one independent learner. Malcolm Knowles would be proud of me.)



She then gives him a nice explanation -- with examples -- of consonant blends and digraphs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute!
Serena

Jason said...

I love your blog!

kate said...

Yea for Chickadee for helping. But YEA for Dandy, too.

Asking for help when you need it is a big deal. Being willing to ask your little sister is a big deal. Knowing that some things have trouble sticking in your head is a big deal.

He's not quitting, and that's a big deal. ;>

Anonymous said...

God helps those who help themselves........................................

Guillermo said...

Nice Blog, congratulations !!!
Aquipesca

karamjit said...

Not many people know how to take it up...great post and many have liked it.