Quote of the Day

12.07.2009

how timely

If you follow my tweets and/or know me in RL, you know this is Grading Season. I took a wee break last night from my huge grading queue to join the family for Reading Time. We are working our way through The Chronicles of Narnia and have just started "The Horse and His Boy".

Shasta and Aravis and Bree and Hwin have just met up and are exchanging stories.

Aravis immediately began, sitting quite still and using a rather different tone and style from her usual one. For in Calormen, story-telling (whether the stories are true or made up) is a thing you\'re taught, just as English boys and girls are taught essay-writing. The difference is that people want to hear the stories, whereas I never heard of anyone who wanted to read the essays.


Alas, Lewis is right.

1 comment:

karamjit said...

Good post and many people will enjoy reading it truly.