Quote of the Day

12.21.2009

Merry Christmas, I say. I'm such a rebel.

I'm taking a rebel stance on the Merry Christmas issue. I think we should all utter greetings appropriate to our own faith customs. I'll wish you Merry Christmas. You can wish me Happy Holidays, or Happy Hanukkah, or whatever holiday you wish. You'll learn that I celebrate the Birth of Christ. I'll learn that you celebrate whatever it is that you celebrate. We will all be friendly and cordial. It will be fine.

I posted the above in Facebook earlier in the month and then my clever cousin took the ball and ran with it all the way to a real paid article: go take a look. Doesn't she write beautifully?

10 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Have an amazing Christmas filled with love laughter and kitchen successes.

Anonymous said...

Marina alerted me to your nice post! Merci! I feel I should say that it's only paid if enough people go look at it - and then a whopping $7 - but hey, I get to speak my mind, and $7 is $7.

Tami said...

Merry Christmas to you too! And I whole-heartedly agree! :)

Lynn Kellan said...

Oh my gosh! I just found you - I saw that you're "constitutional conservative" and I nearly fainted. I'm ; totally thrilled to find a like-minded individual! It's so nice to meet you!

Merry Christmas!!

women's health information said...

Wis h you a very happy Christmas and a joyous new year. I wish that all your dreams come true and you enjoy a huge amount of success the coming year.

personal finance tips said...

It's really good sentence to say that we should all contribute to the celebration of one & another & we should try to understand the others feelings about their celebration & we should say whatever we want to represent our happiness towards our celebration!but I would like to say Merry Christmas !

kate said...

Wishing you a Christmas filled with joy and wonder.

LM Russian Translators said...

Wish you a Merry Christmas to all and may your life be lit up by sunshine and you achieve success in all walks of life.

Chinese girls said...

It is a great post really and i am very sure that many people will surely like the post. I wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year. Really it seems a great post to me.

Signs of Pregnancy said...

Oh my gosh! I just found you - I saw that you're "constitutional conservative" and I nearly fainted. I'm ; totally thrilled to find a like-minded individual! It's so nice to meet you!