Quote of the Day

6.05.2007

4 new x 2 meme

The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.


Four New
-- chronological order:
I learned to blog: Jamie & Suzanne Go To Russia, at last (launched 4.3.2006) and Adventures in Daily Living (launched 3.29.07).
I gained a son (adopted 9.12.2006).
I gained a daughter (adopted 9.12.2006).
I'm learning all about paraplegia (as of 12.14.06).


Next Four:
I will start teaching face-to-face (vs on-line) again (fall 2007 - 1 3-credit Research Writing class).
My parents will come to dinner at my house again (this year I hope).
I will attend the winter Olympics ice-skating (Vancouver 2010).
I will publish my book (who knows?).

I do admit I asked for this meme tag posted over at (of course) HipWriterMama's.

Why? Because I still don't believe the two humungeous life-changes (9.12.06 and 12.14.06) we weathered in a 3 month time span. Really, how long am I going to be walking around feeling stunned and distracted? Is there a statue of limitations on shock?

Yes, yes. I know. Accept it. Get on with it.

I am! I do! But I still don't really believe my new life.

I watch my children play or sleep and I can't believe that the universe was so kind as to give them to us. I mean really, we got the best ones!

Then I look at my parents and all the changes and trials they are enduring and I realize that no matter how many afternoons I go over there, and how many errands I do for them, I can't provide all the help they need. It's a pickle, no getting around it.

Every time I arrive I am thrilled to see them. Every time I leave I nearly flattened by how surreal it is. Paraplegic. Who would have imagined this?

~Suzanne

No comments: