Quote of the Day

6.20.2007

Cruisinart ice cream maker joins the family

How did we get by this long without one? The Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker has joined our family to the rejoicing of all.


Tonight we had chocolate ice cream after t-ball. I mixed it up in the blender this morning and popped it into the ice-cream machine when we got home. By the time we had unloaded the car and put our things away fresh yummy ice cream was ready. MMMMMmmmmmm.

I do not, btw, follow the enclosed recipes. Too much cream. Too much sugar. I made tonight's with a fraction of the cream (used 2% instead) and only half the sugar and it was marvelous.

Tomorrow I think I'll try strawberry lemonaid sorbet.

All in all today, we made two batches of bread (one is already baked and the other is the slow-rise recipe to bake tomorrow), a batch of yogurt, some basil olive oil, and a round of chocolate ice-cream.

The rest of the day I loafed around on the deck. Twas lovely.

~Suzanne

No comments: